Fundraising is a big part of our event and every dollar you raise goes directly to Make-A-Wish of Eastern Ontario to grant wishes to children with life threatening illnesses.
So how do you get started?
The first thing you want to do is login to the Running Room site and set up your fundraising page.
Need some ideas on others way you can increase your fundraising?
- FaceBook – Go to our Facebook page or directly to our Race Event and click “Going”. Now share the link with all your FB friends and include the link to your Running Room fundraising page!
- Penny Drive – As pennies are being removed from circulation ask everyone you know to bring you their pennies, tell them you will even roll them!
- Bottle / Can Drive – ask family and friends to save their bottles and cans, pick them up and return them
- 50/50 draw – Sell tickets where the winner receives half of the amount raised and the other half goes towards your fundraising events.
- Cake or Bake Sale – Host a cake sale. These work well in conjunction with other events. Get others to help prepare the treats.
- Classes – Host a class and invite everyone you know to participate for a fee ($5 or $10 per person) Zumba, Yoga, Kickboxing etc…Donate your time to teach / Lead the class or ask a qualified instructor to donate their time to do it.
- Baby Sitting – Offer your services to give your family, friends or neighbors a nice quiet evening out and put your babysitting funds towards your fundraising efforts.
- Pet Sitting – Are your family or friends going away for a weekend or on holidays abroad and need someone to look after the cat or the dog? Professional services can be very expensive – offer them an alternative – you.
- Karaoke Night – It totally doesn’t matter if you can sing or not. Spend an evening with friends and loved ones singing up a storm either at home or in a bar. Ask for donations and they can even pay you to stop singing if you are that bad.
- Radio Station – Call your favourite radio station and ask them to make an announcement on the air. They may even interview you. You can ask for pledges to be sent directly to MAWEO in your name
- Birthday Gift Pledge – This is a great way to raise money as your friends are spending the money they normally would, plus they don’t have to find you the perfect Gift!
- Host a Happy Hour Party – invite all your friends and their friend to an after work party at the local pub or your place and ask for a $5 donation per person.
Print a Manual Pledge Form to collect Cash/Cheque donations. Submit your form & pledges at the Registration Tent on race day!
If you have other ideas and would like to share, send an email to our volunteer lead at firstname.lastname@example.org .